5 Mar 2013

Bath Half and hospital updates..


Hello hello hello, who likes the new look of my blog? Please say you do, it took me hours and hours. I am no computer wiz and therefore I feel very proud of the new look! What do you all think?

I feel like I haven’t stopped this week. But when I look back on what I’ve done I haven’t really achieved anything. I mean apart from furthering my shopping addiction, writing, catching up with friends and loved ones and mourning the start of my eyebrow hair loss. Yes, unfortunately it’s true my eyebrow hairs have decided enough is enough, they want out. I can’t say I blame them, the toxic nasties are not exactly fun. I have a few bald patches but still enough to fill in the gaps. My eyelashes seem to be hanging on in there, fingers crossed I keep them. That really would make me happy, but I’m not holding my breath.

Nails this week...



What i've been wearing...




I went to Bath on Sunday to watch the half marathon and support my friends and Madre whilst they ran. It was really great fun. Everyone did so well. The atmosphere was amazing. I hope next year I will be in a position to run myself! Here are some photos…

The supporters!
The boys before the race!

Bella on the look out for the runners
She found them! There goes Mark and Laurence!
Go Madre Go!!
Potentially my favourite runners of the day!

Even Honor came to support everyone!
What an amazing day, plus I got to meet Radio One DJ Greg James and say hello to Kris (the legend that started Coppafeel!)...





In other news, I had a hospital appointment on Friday, it went well and I had positive feedback for once. My head scan results came back clear (*woop) and my MRI showed Kenneth is shrinking (*in your face Kenneth). I’m changing chemo drugs on Friday and have no idea what to expect. I haven’t heard great things about Taxotere. The massive increase in steroids I have to take frightens me a little bit too. I know I have to take the tablets to stop me having an allergic reaction to the chemo but 8 steroid tablets a day seems excessive especially when I read the side effects section of the info leaflet. ‘Moon face’ was my absolute favourite one on the list. In fact it may be my favourite that I have ever read. I have no idea what it means but if I get it I will be taking photos LOTS of photos. Maybe one night you will all look up to the sky and there will be my big, bald head floating amongst the stars. Who knows? I don’t, but I’m sure I will find out.

Today I went to a Look Good Feel Better workshop at the hospital. It was lovely, even though I wasn’t feeling 100% and Kenneth had just been poked by a 6inch needle looking to insert a metal marker. I met some very inspiring ladies and got some lovely products to experiment with. I have a 9hr day in hospital tomorrow and then another bout of the toxic nasties on Friday. Will try to blog on Thursday but if I don’t then there may be a little wait for the next post but that doesn’t mean I don’t love you all!


Love you long time. X

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous5.3.13

    love the new look laura! hope the new toxics are any worse than the original!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5.3.13

    Love the pink L look :-D x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous16.3.13

    Just seen this due to Millie Mac's retweet. As a 20yr old girl I cannot begin to imagine what you're going through but you look gorgeous (hair or no hair) and I loved your pigs can fly necklace. You seem really strong and I believe that will help you fight the nastiness. Stay strong and keep smiling :)

    ReplyDelete